Talent Search & Mentor Program
Providing academic, social, cultural and career exploration opportunities for eligible students at Houck, Parrish, Stephens and Waldo middle schools and McKay and North Salem high schools.
Talent Search Activities & Resources
- McKay's TRIO advisor, Ana Sanchez, is on the McKay campus almost daily throughout the week in the Student Center
- North's TRIO advisor is available by appointment through Zoom or F2F on the Chemeketa campus (Building 2, Room 230) as well as during Open Office Hours on Zoom: Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 7:30pm and Thursdays 4:30-6:30 pm
- Zoom tutoring is also available on Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Please contact your TRIO advisor for links to tutoring, office hours, or our TRIO Student home page to view and access resources and activities available only to TRIO students
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a student at Houck, Parrish, Stephens or Waldo middle schools or McKay or North Salem high schools
- First-generation college-bound student (neither parent has a bachelors degree)
- Students who meet federal low-income requirements
Talent Search is 100% federally funded at $301,784 annually.
Financial and College Preparation Resources
- Oregonstudentaid.gov – OSAC Scholarships, Oregon Promise and other financial resources
- FAFSA.gov – Complete your federal financial aid application (FAFSA)
- Big Future from College Board – college and career exploration and paying for college)
- Oregon Gear Up – College preparation checklist by grade
- Khan Academy – Academic support, test prep and college and career courses
- Oregon Career Information Systems
- My Next Move – Career exploration site from the US Dept of Labor